Setting up SNMP
Here's how to configure SNMP for OS400 servers:
- Connect to the server console (telnet, ...)
- Type the command :
(this command allows to go to configure the TCP layer of the server)
- Go to the option : 20
- Choose application number 1, SNMP
- System information option 1
- Communities option 2 (with its IP and netmask, from version V7R1 onwards)
- Once the SNMP service has been configured, the service must be started with the command :
Be careful to put *SNMP like here.
SNMP is activated, you can check it by launching a ServiceNav discovery.
Note: to stop the SNMP service, use this command :
Be careful to choose *snmp otherwise it will cut all IP connections on the partition.