1. Add a service
To add a service without using host templates you must navigate to Configurationand then Service > List .
Click on " + Add ": a configuration window opens.
Fill in the general information
- Choose the service template appropriate to the check you wish to carry out
- Enter the service name you wish to add to monitoring
- Define its criticality within the information system
- In Description describe the role of this service within the information system
Click on Availability and checks
- Set the availability rate desired (based on a time slot)
- Choose the time slot for the availability period on which the availability rate will be calculated.
- Choose the time slot for the check period during which monitoring using this service will take place. Attention: it must be identical to or cover the entire time slot defined for the calculation of the availability rate.
- Enter the information necessary for successful monitoring to occur. (In this example: Warning Threshold, Critical Threshold, Port)
- Set the interval of time between two checks (expressed in minutes), or use the default values
Click on Relations
- Select the host(s) on which you wish to deploy this service. This allows for more efficient deployment.
- Click Apply, once the choice of the hosts(s) has been made.
NB : Do not forget to push the configuration to update the ServiceNav Box.