The service model: GLOBAL-SNMP-OID
Via SNMP, this plugin allows to :
- interrogate an OID.
- compare the harvested value to warning and critical thresholds.
- select the text to be displayed before the value.
- choose the unit of value.
- generate performance data to create a graph.
New server to supervise, how to do?
First, obtain the SNMP MIB of the equipment and then analyze it.
For example, according to the MIB of the new server, the disk space used is obtained with the OID: 220.127.116.11.8.3
Configuring the checkpoint to monitor disk space usage
Navigate to "Configuration", "Services", "List" and then "Add".
Select the service model: GLOBAL-SNMP-OID and give the service a name.
Configuring Control Point Settings :
- Indicate the DIO to be interviewed.
- Indicate the Text Prefix that will be displayed in the Technical Operation.
- Indicate the unit of value harvested.
- Position the alert thresholds.
The output text will be here: "Disk space used: value Go »
Link the service to the equipment to be supervised.
Finally, reload the box configuration.
The performance data is visible in the metrics :
This service model allows to query an OID of a MIB that returns a numerical value.
It can be used to supervise anything (referenced in the MIB) of a piece of equipment.
Sometimes it is necessary to display two values or to perform mathematical operations between several OIDs. See the plugin check_snmp_operation.