1. Add a service
To add a service without using host templates, Navigate to Configurationand then to Services > List .
Click on " + Add ...a configuration window opens.
Fill in the general information
- Choose the service template appropriate to the monitoring you wish to perform
- Enter the Name of the service you wish to add to monitoring
- Set a Business Impact criticality to the IT environment
- Annotate in Description the role of this service within the IT environment
Click on the tab " Availability and checks .
- Enter the desired availability rate (according to a time period)
- Choose the time period for the Availability period against which the availability rate will be calculated.
- Choose the time period for the Check Timeslot during which the service monitoring will take place. Warning: it must be the same as, or cover the entire time period covered by the calculation of the availability rate.
- Enter the parameters required for the monitoring check to operate as required. (In this example: Port, Warning threshold, Critical threshold)
- Choose a Normal check interval reflecting the time between two successive checks (expressed in minutes), or use default values
Click on the tab " Relations .
- Use the search capabilities to find the hosts to which you wish to deploy this service. This makes for a faster deployment.
- Once all the hosts are selected click Apply
NB: Do not forget to load the configuration to the ServiceNav Box