Here is how to configure SNMP requirements for AS400 servers:
- Connect to the server console (telnet ...)
- Type the command :
(this command permits configuration of the servers TCP layer)
- Select option : 20
- Choose application number 1, SNMP
- Then system information option 1
- Select communities option 2 (with IP and network mask, from V7R1 on)
- Once the SNMP service is configured, you must start the service using the command :
Be careful to type *SNMP as shown.
SNMP is now enabled. You can check it by running a discovery in ServiceNav.
Note: to stop the SNMP service, use the command:
NOTE: Be careful to choose *snmp otherwise the command it will down all IP connections on the partition.