Here is how to configure SNMP requirements for OS400 servers:
- Connect to the server console (telnet, ...)
- Type the command :
(this command allows to configure the TCP layer of the server)
- Go to the option : 20
- Choose the application number 1, SNMP
- Then the information on the system option 1
- The communities option 2 (with its IP and network mask, from V7R1 on)
- Once the SNMP service is configured, you must start the service with the command :
Be careful to put *SNMP like here.
SNMP is enabled, you can check it by running a census from the application.
Note: to stop the SNMP service, use this command:
Be careful to choose *snmp otherwise it will cut all IP connections on the partition.