Defining a notification policy for a device consists of defining...
- ...for which events...
- ...in what time frame...
- ...that inform
The events that trigger the application of the notification policy on a piece of equipment are changes in the status of that equipment.
The notification policy can be defined for a specific piece of equipment, or for a set of equipment.
The effective notification policy is the intersection between the notification parameters defined at the contact level and those defined at the device level. This business rule allows you to define a differentiated notification management.
Example: A notification time slot of 0:00 to 24:00 is defined at equipment level E. The notification time range 5am-12am is defined for shift A, the notification time range 12pm-8pm is defined for shift B.
- If a change in status occurs at 1:00 pm, Team B will be notified.
- If a change in status occurs at 10:00 a.m., Team A will be notified.
- If a status change occurs between 8pm and 5am, no team will be notified, but if the problem is still present at 5am then Team A will be notified.
Single equipment notification policy
Position yourself in the company for which you want to set the notification policy for a piece of equipment:
- Navigate in Configuration> Equipment > List.
- Click on the equipment you wish to configure: the equipment file will appear on the screen.
- Select the tab Notifications in this form.
In this form, configure the notification policy as follows:
- Click on Yes to activate the notification on the equipment
- Select from the drop-down list the notification time range you want (default is 00:00 - 24:00 LMMJVSD)
- Select the equipment status changes that will cause the notification policy to be applied
- Indicate if additional checks should be performed before sending the first notification and changing the status of the equipment to confirmed
- If you select the event " Unstable"If you want to define the instability status of a device, specify the high and low thresholds (do not select by default)
- Select the contacts and contact groups that will be alerted by the notification sent. Only active contact groups and contacts are present in the lists.
Notification policy for a set of equipment
It is possible to apply the same notification policy to a set of devices by multiple selection.
Position yourself in the company for which you want to define the notification policy for equipment.
- Navigate in Configuration > General > Equipment > List.
- Select equipment of the same criticality, equipment for which notification is enabled or disabled, equipment of the same category, equipment containing the same string, equipment with the same label. This step is optional.
Click on the equipment you wish to configure, either by selecting it from the list, or by selecting it as a whole by clicking as here :
Click on the button " More" and select " Change the notification policy "
A pop-up window opens:
Choose Yes to change the notification of the selected equipment.