The objective of the report is to highlight the equipment and/or services of one or more equipment that regularly present alerts.
It is therefore necessary to visualize the equipment/unit services that are regularly on alert and in this way reduce supervision alerts or false positives.
To do this, we will look at the following report: Summary of operating information.
Using the report
This report is available in the Configuration / Reporting menu.
Report parameter :
- Reporting type :
- Title the title of the report
- Visibility Make the report public or keep it private
- Type of operation choose Report
- Content model Take the "Summary of operating information" template
- Period of analysis Choose the number of days to be analyzed 7, 30 or 90 days
- Until : end date of the analysis. Ex: 16/09/2018 with a period of 7 days. I will analyze the 7 days before 16/09/2018. Ending x days before report generation: if you use this report in scheduled sending. Ex: the report is weekly every Monday.
The analysis will be performed on the x days preceding Monday.
- Company / Site Enter the desired filter
- Equipment Enter the desired filters
Here we take only Windows servers
- Services Enter the desired filters
Here I'm only looking for disk space.
- Shipping policy Enter the desired filters
Use Case - Cleaning up false positives
Objective Eliminate false positives that have been reported in the analysis.
We are going to run the report manually and analyze it in Excel. To do this, in the Supervision / Reports menu, select the report and click on the yellow button here in the screenshot
Analysis of the generated file
The resulting file is in Excel format and has the following columns:
- Unitary service
- Availability rate
- Number of critical visits
- Number of alerts
- Number of passages in unknown
- Number of passages in indeterminate
- Time in review
- Time in critical (in seconds)
- Time on Alert
- Time on Alert (in seconds)
- Time in unknown
- Time in unknown (in seconds)
- Time in indeterminate
- Time in indeterminate (in seconds)
What we are most interested in is the number of passages in critical condition.
Here, I notice that my Disk-space has changed state 11 times over the period defined in my report.
Checking from ServiceNav
When I look at my thresholds I realize that they are too low, hence the change to critical
So I'm going to adapt them to avoid getting notifications on this control.
This report is therefore very useful to have a synthetic view of the services or equipments that change their status regularly. It allows you to adapt your thresholds according to the analysis performed.