F.MATTES - Plateau de la Molière - Vercors Massif
At a time of climate change that can be observed globally and on a daily basis, the growing responsibility of IT equipment deserves to be taken into account.
With its headquarters based in the capital of the Alps, surrounded by sumptuous nature, COSERVIT could not miss this theme.
IT's carbon footprint - some figures
- 10% of world electricity consumption, constantly and exponentially increasing
- A carbon footprint of more than 3.7 % of GHG emissions, more than civil aviation, and which is likely to reach 8% by 2025 (equivalent to the world's cars/motorcycles)
- users: 47 % of emissions
- networks: 28 % of emissions
- datacenters: 25 % of emissions
And many sources of consumption/pollution that have been little or not yet evaluated:
- The manufacture and recycling of electronic components
- Fleet obsolescence/renewal
- The arrival of connected objects and Big Data, generating a huge flow of data and new uses.
Some of these causes require us to question our model of society and consumption, which will impose itself, while others can be a source of attention right now, with a positive impact on your business, and without revolution.
Supervision goes green
F.LAMBERT - Summit of Sénépy - Trièves
ServiceNav can be a lever for optimizing your carbon footprint, through its features and some good practices.
Through simple actions in line with your business challenges, you can bring a little "Green IT" into your monitoring processes, and make the world a little more breathable.
Used effectively, ServiceNav allows:
- A reduction in the volume of email users and associated traffic, through proactive alert processing and monitoring / reporting.ITSM tool
- Avoid road trips by technicians to deal with breakdowns, when a fine control of the equipment is carried out on a daily basis, and anticipated and grouped material changes together
- Avoid wasting resources by using thecapacity analysis (report)in order to adjust resources to needs and not to consume unnecessarily.
Our planet is uniquelet's preserve it, because the virtual cannot exist without this reality.