TRAPS SNMP - News/Evolutions plug-ins
TRAPS SNMP, event alerts
Some equipments propose in their SNMP MIB to send TRAPS.
TRAPS are events sent by the equipment, which can result in status changes.
ServiceNav now offers TRAPS management through :
- An initial configuration of the ServiceNav Box (to be done once for each Box)
- The loading of MIBs on the latter
- A dedicated service model: TRAP-Handle
The principle of use is as follows:
- The MIB is loaded on the ServiceNav Box
- A service embedded on it will listen to the equipment (port 162) and capture the TRAPS, then transform them into a format readable by ServiceNav (log file).
- The TRAP-Handle service parses this file and detects status changes
- within the service, it is necessary to set the expected expression for each report, making the check generic. When reading a new TRAP respecting this expression, the state change will be made in ServiceNav.
- A timeout can also be specified, in which case the control will switch to OK if no TRAP has been received in that time. This setting is disabled by default.
A webinar will soon be dedicated to this topic, to present use cases and further detail the implementation and operation operations.
In the meantime, you can read Kilian's article on the subject: Managing SNMP Traps in ServiceNav
ARTIS 2.8 Integration
ServiceNav integration is now fully compatible with ARTIS 2.8