ServiceNav as a monitoring tool, multi-stakeholder and multi-client allows any service center of an outsourcer or MSP to follow the technical and application issues of all its customers in a single dashboard: a centralized view, focused on customers and their satisfaction.
This view is essential, but for any manager and team in a service center, it is also essential to monitor the activity and the men and women present to deliver the support. Of course, this information is already present in the service centers: in the ticketing tool, in the HR tool, thanks to the badge reader...
However, our experiences with our clients show that activity monitoring is not necessarily easily accessible by the teams and is not often exposed, even though it is a source of motivation and challenge for the team.
How many times in the team open space have I heard my team say " Come on, before we leave we are at 0 unsupported tickets " or a Friday from Blitz Support " Big week with 117 open tickets, glad we could close more than open ".
How to generate this team spirit without having a follow-up of the activity displayed in the open space?
ServiceNav: A solution for a centralized display of information.
With ServiceNav, thanks to its numerous plugins oriented databases (MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, ...) and its new DataVizNow it is possible to visualize the information of the activity of a service center very easily.
Here, thanks to a set of SQL queries made to the ticketing database and the HR database, ServiceNav retrieves every minute :
- The number of tickets not taken into account.
- The number of tickets currently being processed by the support team.
- The number of tickets currently being processed by the R&D team (for example, for upgrade requests).
- The number of tickets opened and closed during the day and week.
- The number of resources available for support according to the schedules and absences of the HR base.
The "Gauge" widgets allow a dynamic and visual display of information to show the dashboard on the screen in the Service Center.
With the version 4.1 and the availability of the timed scrolling functionality, it is now possible to alternate between the customer incident monitoring dashboard and the Service Center activity monitoring dashboard.
A few words about the implementation
To set up this dashboard here are some indications.
- Add a device (usually the server of the ticketing tool)
- Add for each element a unit service with one of the following models (according to your base)
- In the DataViz tab, create a dashboard
- Add a "Gauge" type wiget for each element
- Choose the equipment and service that will display the information
- Choose the metric
- To display the gauge, leave in normal size, to display only the number, switch to reduced mode.
- Adjust the size of each block.
In a few minutes your dashboard is set up!