A plugin to govern them all.
"We just bought a new equipment, I can't find any plugins in your catalog. Is it possible to supervise it? »
" Of course, we're going to need an SNMP MIB to analyze what can be done "
MIB analysis, plugin specification, validation, development, testing, deployment, checkpoint implementation.
The classic scenario when a customer acquires an item that is not supported by ServiceNav.
What if the supervision of any equipment could be done with a single plugin?
Supervision of new equipment, how does it work?
With 1,200 checkpoints, it is possible that our Catalogue doesn't meet a new need.
Also, it is important to us that our customers can save time by creating their own service models.
Servers, NAS, camera, wifi terminals, temperature sensor; any element that implements SNMP can be supervised with our generic plugins :
==> check_snmp_oid ; check_snmp_table_value ; check_snmp_oid_status ; check_snmp_table_status
These plugins allow you to :
- Query an OID or SNMP table,
- Set thresholds against which to compare the value returned by the OID,
- Determine a status based on the values returned by an OID,
- Customise the text displayed in ServiceNav Technical Operation,
- Generate performance data for graphs.
Simply analyze the MIB and create a service model from these plugins.
What if disk space is obtained by combining several OIDs?
The OID returns 30,000 MB used. How to get it in Go? How to express it as a percentage?
To perform this further processing of the data, the plugin check_snmp_operation will be available in version 3.14 of ServiceNav.
Data, the heart of supervision.
Sometimes raw data alone is not enough. It is necessary to be able to manipulate it as needed, add it with others, transform it into a percentage, change its unit.
With a plugin like check_snmp_operationit's possible to:
- Perform up to two calculations with the values returned by several OIDs,
- Simply display up to two raw values returned by two OIDs,
- Set alert thresholds,
- Display results with a unit and customizable text output,
- Choose to create a graph with these results.
Intelligent data processing is a vector of relevance and enhancement of supervision.
The provision of generic plugins that can be configured is part of our desire to respond to the diversification of IS tools.
A monitoring tool flexible and adaptable is a major asset to save time, plan and act.